Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A very soft landing...

Okay, I am finally here after like a 100 hour flight... and I am J-E-T-L-A-G-G-E-D!!

But it was 1000*1000 times worth it!  This place is truly very nice.  Today (the 7th of September) I had a walk through Wellington and oh what a beautiful place it is.  I have so many things I can say about New Zealand, and  not a single one of it is negative... the people are so friendly and for the most part polite, the streets are beautifully clean, the buses are perfectly on time and completely safe, the air is clean and fresh, the government really looks after its people, etc. etc.

I will take this opportunity to make mention of the people (whom I will not name here) who were kind enough to take me in and allow me to find my feet here in New Zealand.  I can honestly say that in my lifetime I have never met anyone as completely selfless and helpful as these people - in fact if I did not meet and get to spend time with them I would simply not believe that people like them existed.  A rare and precious breed of human beings. My endless thanks to them for this incredible opportunity...

So, here are a couple of photos I took today... enjoy.

Riaan

Of course I will!
This is Cambridge Terrace... at around 12:10 in the afternoon... rush hour traffic!
This is the corner of Cambridge Terrace and Courtenay Place... a minute later
The view down Courtenay Place around 2 minutes later
Lambton Harbour... beautiful...
Some more of the harbour - a bit overcast
Yet another view of the harbour
And yet another one... with some fool standing in front of the camera!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, it is stunning. I like the fool infront of your camera! Renette

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOOD LUCK RIAAN...

    I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST.. KEEP ME POSTED...
    Jarmo

    ReplyDelete